Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here we are now going to the south(west) side...

Yesterday, I dropped Jess off to spend some time with her Auntie, swung by Jennifer's to pick her up and then we made our way to My Sister's Knits.

I have to say that the shop does a lot with it's very limited space.

We got there early, perused the shop made a couple of purchases, and then headed up to Ridge Park to wait for the Harlot speech. We were less than enthused to be in 90 degree heat, with no beverage options in sight. (Well, the park did have vending machines, but they were all broken. What a tease.)

Stephanie was witty, and funny and wonderful, as she always is. Afterwards, Jennifer found Katy and we walked back to the yarn shop, where Stephanie signed books.

The wait in line was pleasant, although we were SO THIRSTY. As we waited, we heard rumors of a water cooler in the back of the shop, and spotted it, right after it broke. d'oh!

Anyway, I saw Stephanie, got our books signed, petted the fleece artist sock, and gave Steph a chicken. It was a lot of fun.






Hmm...seems I have no pictures of my purchases. I bought some sock yarn and some alpaca laceweight. (Made in good ole' Indiana.)

As you all may or may not have noticed, I collect laceweight. I haven't made but one item that has called for laceweight, but I keep buying it. This time I think I bought it in anticipation of Jess' return to school and my three hour break during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment