Monday, August 25, 2014

There it is

The granny square blanket is done. I was worried the vintage yarn wouldn't last for the dimensions I wanted for this blanket, and I was right. So, I got out my markers and graph paper and came up with a plan. Luckily there was also some white yarn in the bag, so I used it to fill in what I couldn't continue in the pattern I set.

I like it. I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

The first week of Pre-K went smashingly. James had started to argue with me about 20 minutes before school on day two. I finally told him that he was going, & that was the end of it. Once we pulled into the lot, he was fine, and even a little excited. When I picked him up he declared that he loves his school, and that I am a good mommy for making him go.

So, I'd say that's a win.


A new granny square project, that I've dubbed the "Lisa Frank", because the bright colors bring forth happy memories of my childhood, which was chock-full of Lisa Frank stationary, etc. 

Then there is also this:

I may have fallen down a crochet rabbit hole. I cannot decide what I want to knit. I don't feel like finishing my socks in progress. I have some sweaters que, but it's too hot around here to have a lapful of wool. I have some adorable little critters to make, but I need to do some yarn shopping yet for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment