Wednesday, December 10, 2014

A little early

A little bit of Christmas came early around here. Wednesday, James went snooping, and found the present stash. He pulled out his Christmas pullover that I made, put it on and refused to take it off.

PATTERN: Santa Cruz pullover (size 4)
CREDIT: Mel Clark in Knit 2 Together
YARN: Knitpicks Wool Of the Andes Bulky in Bluebird (4 skeins)
NOTES: I followed the pattern as written, except for the front pocket. I used the larger needle instead of the smaller as intended.

He seems to like it. A lot.

Since James claimed his gift early, I felt it was only fair to let Jess have hers as well.

PATTERN: Fairly Easy Fair Isle (Size L)
CREDIT: Kate Watson in Stitch 'N Bitch Nation
YARN: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky in Coal (5 skeins), Red (1 skein), and Honey (1 skein).
NOTES: I changed the fair isle chart. I had to go up in needle size for gauge, which changed my row gauge, and I had to adjust accordingly. I also reinforced the button holes.

She's also pretty darn happy with hers.


I have one more thing I plan on making this Christmas, and that's a ski bonnet for my Mom. I cannot post it until she gets it though.



No comments:

Post a Comment